On our sixth episode of #ProbateNavigated we stop by to visit with Marlene Stum, Ph.D.
Marlene S. Stum, Ph.D. is a Professor in the Department of Family Social Science at the University of Minnesota. Marlene is most known for Who Gets Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate?™ a program internationally recognized for supporting families in non-titled property decisions. She is nationally recognized for her research and prevention education. Additionally, She currently leads a unique research project examining the meaning and experience of “fair” inheritances from the perspective of older parents and adult children in the same family system.
In this episode Marlene covers topics including, why its important to take time to understand why this issue can be so sensitive to your family, why and how to determine what you are trying to accomplish, deciding what is fair for your unique situation, why you should take time to really understand what the “meaning” is regarding specific objects to specific individuals, discerning what the distribution options and consequences are, and agreeing on how to manage conflicts when they arise just to name a few topics. I really enjoyed visiting with Marlene. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
Map for Navigating Personal Property Issues in Probate:
- Take time to understand why this issue can be so sensitive to your family
- Determine what you are trying to accomplish
- Decide what is fair for your unique situation
- Take time to really understand what the “meaning” is regarding specific objects to specific individuals
- Discern what the distribution options and consequences are
- Agree on how to manage conflicts when they arise
You can visit Marlene’s website here
- You can order Who Get’s Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate Workbook here
- You can access “Quiz for Property Owners” here
- You can access “Quiz for Children and Other Potential Property Recipients” here
- You can access Quiz for a Personal Representative/Executor here
- You can access Quiz for Educators and Caring Professionals here
- You can access Free Articles here
You can connect with Marlene through the information below:
E | firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Simplify?
I’ve created a cheat sheet for resolving YOUR ESTATE. If you follow this, your role as an executor or personal representative will be far simpler.