On our ninth episode of #ProbateNavigated we visit with Nancy Sanborn and Brian Joy of the Sanborn Team. Nancy Sanborn is Executive Director of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties Probate and Trust Sales Division and one of the industry’s most consistent and reliable sales professionals. For more than 30 years, she has developed her far-reaching network and built a team that provides unequaled expertise. Her clients include some of California’s most prestigious attorneys, accountants, trustees, administrators and conservators, and most distinguished property owners.
Brian Joy is a 17-year veteran of the real estate industry and has been a Sanborn Team member/partner since 2008. For ten years, his passion has been to assist clients as they navigate the complex world of real property transactions through probate, trust and conservatorship.
This episode is jam packed with super helpful content including: how to interview a probate real estate agent, the probate real estate process, how to manage this process, costly mistakes to avoid in probate and much more.
What Questions to ask When Interviewing a Probate Real Estate Agent:
- Have you sold real property through probate or trust?
- How long have you been selling probate and trust real estate?
- How is a probate/trust sale different from a typical real estate transaction?
- What sets you apart from other real estate agents?
- May I see your references?
- How do you market probate and trust real estate?
- Do you have sample documents that I would have to sign and read?
Common Mistakes that Agents without Probate Experience Make:
- They alter the property instead of leaving the property “as-is”
- They don’t provide appropriate documentation
Probate Real Estate Process — You Can See the Sanborn’s Team VERY popular Flowchart Here
- Work with a trusted legal advisor and the right guides
- Agent(s) see the house and get the property ready for the market
- Working with real estate community to assist in buying property
- Close Escrow
5 Costly Mistakes to Avoid
- Setting your asking price too high
- Relying on out-of-date information
- Not reading the fine print as a seller
- Not keeping a track record of expenses
- Waiting too long to address probate issues
You can watch the Sanborn’s compelling explainer videos here
You can visit The Sanborn Team’s Website Here
You can access the FREE resource on How to Interview a Probate Real Estate Agent here
You can access the FREE resource on the Probate Real Estate Sale Process Here
You can connect with Nancy and Brian below:
E | Nancy Sanborn: email@example.com
E | Brian Joy: Brian@brianajoy.com
Want to connect with me? Simply reach out on any of the social media platforms below:
Ready to Simplify?
I’ve created a cheat sheet for resolving YOUR ESTATE. If you follow this, your role as an executor or personal representative will be far simpler.