On our tenth episode of #ProbateNavigated we visit with Deborah Bumbaugh. Deborah is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who received her MSW from The University of Maryland. She is also a licensed psychotherapist with Curt Thompson and Associates.
If you are dealing with grief this episode is a must listen to. Deborah addresses multiple issues including: most important factors to deal with in dealing with loss, how to practice self-awareness, how to engage with other family members, how to set boundaries and much more.
What are the Most Important Factors to Address when Dealing with Grief:
- Know that you’re not alone.
- The grief process isn’t linear.
- When grief emerges, connect with it and ask: What do I need?
- Be aware of unhealthy ways of numbing pain. You can discern any unhealthy choices by asking this question: Am I doing anything that I can’t stop doing and that has negative consequences?
- Give your brain a break on purpose.
- Use basic healthy strategies to heal. For example, healthy nutrition, exercise, community
How to Deal with Conflict:
- Take time to discern what is causing the conflict
- Carefully consider getting outside counsel
- Grief Share
- On Grief and Grieving: Finding the Meaning of Grief Through the Five Stages of Loss
- Switch On Your Brain The Key to Peak Happiness, Thinking and Health
You can connect with Deborah below:
E | Deborah Bumbaugh: email@example.com
Want to connect with me? Simply reach out on any of the social media platforms below:
Ready to Simplify?
I’ve created a cheat sheet for resolving YOUR ESTATE. If you follow this, your role as an executor or personal representative will be far simpler.